Windows XP mmc.exe Crash

From: aT4r InsaN3 (at4r_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/28/03

    To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:35:29 +0200

    I found a way to crash mmc.exe in my windowsxp profesional SP1 b0x maybe
    others systems afected. I dont know if this can be used to execute code so
    please take a look.

    steps:
    first, execute Control Pannel / Administrative Tools / Computer Managment or
    just type into cmd.exe "%SystemRoot%\system32\compmgmt.msc /s"

    then right click and select connect to remote computer, an type at least
    100chars ( AAAAAAAAAAAAA.. )
    mmc.exe will warn you that the remote computer \\AAAAAAAAAA.... was not
    found. Now, right click again and select propierties.

    mmc.exe crash.

    aT4r [at] 3wdesign.es Security (c)

    Multiplica por cinco el tamaño de tu buzón de correo y envía adjuntos de
    hasta 2 Mb con MSN Almacenamiento Extra. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=es-es

    • RE: Windows XP mmc.exe Crash
      ... > Subject: Windows XP mmc.exe Crash ... I dont know if this can be used to ... > mmc.exe will warn you that the remote computer ... > Multiplica por cinco el tamaño de tu buzón de correo y envía ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • Re: Windows Explorer Error
      ... Enquire, plan and execute. ... It you have Stop errors set tio display on screen this is what you see - a Blue Screen saying the system is dead. ... If not type verifier in Start Run and wait for a new crash and analysis the new one. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: More on Windows Vista - worst OS yet?
      ... applications that never crash, and I know nothing about CS or modern ... Have you ever written a large OS, like linux or windows? ... and the stack on stack pages, all enforced by the hardware memory ... were execute-only, and it was impossible to execute data. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Please help with thread problem
      ... >> program to execute is in an other computer, ... > You need help from the remote computer. ... > of remote execution server such as rshd, sshd or such, or one you've ... Could you clarify where you want the networked class ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: Please help with thread problem
      ... >> program to execute is in an other computer, ... > You need help from the remote computer. ... > of remote execution server such as rshd, sshd or such, or one you've ... Could you clarify where you want the networked class ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)