Re: library/executable image

From: Fabrice MARIE (fabrice@fma.homelinux.com)
Date: 03/24/03

    From: Fabrice MARIE <fabrice@fma.homelinux.com>
    To: Adrian S <hotelectron@hotmail.com>, vuln-dev@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:00:23 +0800

    On Monday 24 March 2003 01:47, Adrian S wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Other than identifying the path & PID, what is the other proactive way
    > to detect unauthorised execution of library/executable image ?

    On Linux, install RSBAC: http://www.rsbac.org/
    You can _enforce_ and/or _detect_ it's up to you.
    On other unix, they have similar stuff.

    Have a nice day,

    Fabrice.

    --
    Fabrice MARIE
    "Silly hacker, root is for administrators"

    • Re: Creating PID file
      ... If the description is nonsense to you, ... I need the script to determine its own pid, then write that to a file. ... If this is your general attitude in mailing lists I would not be ... That is not a concept unique to Unix, and had you explained things in that way you would have had a lot more group members on side and willing to help. ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Re: OFF TOPIC: Unix in a Nutshell Orielly 3rd edition
      ... >> I would love to know of a description of the Unix ... on the 'kernel' side of the OS, ... against Primates, some of my best friends are Primates. ... hence is PID 0, or we will see it in other ways, but ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: Systemd: a foolish design making distros into lemmings.
      ... EVERYTHING is wrong with logind being part of PID 1. ... You obviously have no clue about the Unix design principles that have made *nix operating systems THE CHOICE for the overwhelming majority of the internet, and over 99.9% of the supercomputers on the planet. ... Unix and Linux have been multiseat since the beginning of each. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Chiusura forzata dalle applicazioni a volte non funziona
      ... Il 14/07/11 16.52, Jack ha scritto: ... sig di default in genere -15 ma dipende dallo Unix sottostante ... kill -9 manda un SIGKILL che è inarrestabile e tira giu tutto a partire dal PID e che io sappia funziona allo stesso modo su tutti gli Unix ...
      (it.comp.macintosh)
    • Re: Read input file and pass the value as parameter recursively
      ... #Get the value of PID into database table TAB2 ... table TAB1 and don't exist into Unix server ... #and generate FILE3 ... parameter to another sql statement and generate FILE4. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)