Outlook Crashing, and not asking for password

From: Elkhatib, Ahmad (khatib@engin.umich.edu)
Date: 03/19/03

    Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 01:51:13 -0500
    From: "Elkhatib, Ahmad" <khatib@engin.umich.edu>
    To: <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>

    Hello List,

    I was using MS Outlook 2002 to check my email on an exchange server, and
    when I tried to paste a long text message it crashed. Now that's not
    surprising since Outlook is weird like that. The surprising part is that
    when I got the dialog asking whether I want to report the error or not,
    and restart Outlook; I chose to report, and then restart. At this point
    it never asked me for my password again and just restarted Outlook and
    logged back into my inbox. Is this expected behavior ? the fact that it
    logged back into my inbox without asking for a password after it crashed
    really worries me.

    any ideas ? comments ?

    -Ahmad

    • unable to access email in outlook
      ... decided not to access email using Outlook. ... messages in the inbox disappeared, ... restart Outlook" Restarting doesn't help. ... Any ideas other than reinstalling Windows? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Customize toolbar buttoms
      ... statements to set the value of the Kundenr, ValgtFolder, and rootdir ... you don't need to restart Outlook. ... Private Sub colSentItems_ItemAdd ...
      (microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.vba)
    • Compiling a report recommendations
      ... I'm trying to write myself a little macro in Outlook 2003 that processes all ... the unread messages in my inbox and creates some form of a report that I can ... The report would just list some of the header information of the ... that is just simply using the msgbox function to display the information. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Compiling a report recommendations
      ... I'm trying to write myself a little macro in Outlook 2003 that processes all ... the unread messages in my inbox and creates some form of a report that I can ... The report would just list some of the header information of the ... that is just simply using the msgbox function to display the information. ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba)
    • RE: Outlook 2007 run macro at startup
      ... Application_Startup sub. ... If I use the Task Manager to ensure that Outlook is ... And another thing to mention, before we restart Outlook, we can use ... the task manager to make sure the Outlook is already closed. ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)