Re: Outlook HTML crash

From: Nexus (nexus@patrol.i-way.co.uk)
Date: 03/13/03

    From: "Nexus" <nexus@patrol.i-way.co.uk>
    To: "Kurt Seifried" <bt@seifried.org>, "Nate Nord" <natenord@maximus.com>, <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:50:11 -0000

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Kurt Seifried" <bt@seifried.org>
    To: "Nate Nord" <natenord@maximus.com>; <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>
    Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 8:32 PM
    Subject: Re: Outlook HTML crash

    > I can confirm this, it drives me NUTS when trying to reply to HTML
    formatted
    > email using outlook express. Simply hit return a few times and chances are
    > outlook will crash (no message or nothing, it just goes poof). However if
    > you go "slowly", i.e. hit enter, wait a bit, hit enter, wait a bit, etc it
    > seems ok. Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106 on win2k with all current
    > patches/etc.

    Just tried on OE 5.5 on Win2K - no problems at all - since I have set
    Tools->Options->Send to "Text Only" (as I despise HTML email with a
    vengeance), the reply has no HTML in it (surprise) and I don't have any
    problem with this.
    What do you have your send options set to ? Or is it a OE version thing ?

    Cheers.

    • Re: Outlook HTML crash
      ... it drives me NUTS when trying to reply to HTML formatted ... Simply hit return a few times and chances are ... outlook will crash ...
      (Vuln-Dev)
    • Re: Big10 Speculation
      ...  And they will still have better players ... hit. ... outlook. ... As for the next few years, their chances of being the best ...
      (rec.sport.football.college)
    • Re: Outlook 2007 fails to auot send/receive
      ... Lanwench had responded to, was the same problem that I had...I then clicked ... the pop3 connector. ... One of my users connects to exchange via Outlook 2007. ... The user has to manually hit "send/receive". ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Security Message when emailing
      ... the VBA uses brackets to enclose a key to be hit while another key is held. ... go to an outlook email window and hold the alt key and then ... in the outlook email window with excel code, then use a sendkeys command to ... Dim USRNM As String ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
    • Re: Categorized Contact List is different when clicking on email T
      ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... | Outlook pst file into Outlook 2007 would be a problem. ... | hit the "TO:" icon in a new email? ... ||| the OL 2007 Contact List by catagory and it views fine. ...
      (microsoft.public.office.misc)