FW: Outlook HTML crash

From: Nate Nord (natenord@maximus.com)
Date: 03/12/03

    From: Nate Nord <natenord@maximus.com>
    To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:53:18 -0500

    Please post this to vuln-dev@securityfocus.com
    <<<<< -------------------- <<<<<

    > One of our users has discovered an interesting Outlook crash pertaining to
    > HTML e-mail. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.
    >
    > The crash is pretty simple... reply to an HTML e-mail and throw in a bunch
    > of carriage returns and random characters in the previous e-mail space.
    > It seems to take only a few lines of this before Outlook crashes hard and
    > then closes.
    >
    > This has been tested on several Outlook 2000 machines and it seems to work
    > every time.

    • Re: OE6 Crashes Forwarding Affachments
      ... I just was seeing that crash not so often. ... existence of any security benefits having this service running. ... only with that one particular html e-mail. ... Other things concerning forwarding work fine. ...
    • Re: [2003] Strange HTML problem...
      ... Machines are running XP Pro / Office 2003 - all patches OK. ... When C sends a HTML e-mail to A and B, B can read it perfectly but A ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)