Re: Windows Shellcode - Using Detached_Process flag

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: 03/09/03

    To: helmut schmidt <helmutsch69@hotmail.com>
    From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
    Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:58:48 -0500

    On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 13:08:40 GMT, helmut schmidt <helmutsch69@hotmail.com> said:

    > Some commands like DIR work ok, but most others create a windows on the
    > vulnerable machine instead of displaying back to my remote shell. For
    > instance if I ping another machine, a visible window opens on the vulnerable
    > machine - I see the ping results in this window then the window closes. So
    > this is only half working.
    >
    > Does anyone know why this odd behaviour is happening ? How can I program
    > this to be 100% successful ? A bit of c code would be helpful if anyone
    > would be kind enough to share it.

    Windows doesn't have a very good grasp on the idea that programs should have
    line-mode variants, so many things come in GUI-only variants.

    How to pipe the output of these back to your machine *without* the use of
    VNC or the Unix world's X Windows or similar is a Very Hard Problem.

    --
    				Valdis Kletnieks
    				Computer Systems Senior Engineer