Re: IIS Vulnerability Content-Type overflow

From: Syzop (syz@dds.nl)
Date: 12/03/02

    Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 23:48:40 +0100
    From: Syzop <syz@dds.nl>
    To: at4r <at4r@3wdesign.es>

    Hi,

    at4r wrote:
    > while testing a few days ago how to reproduce the lastest mdac rds
    > vulnerability i found that a specially malformed http request to an IIS
    > Webserver can allow a buffer overflow.

    * I don't see a crash
    * I don't see "big CPU consume". If I flood with this at 2.8MB/s (!)
       I get ~25% CPU usage @ AMD 1800+.
    * You can get the same thing with: perl -e 'print "A"x200000'|nc <IP> 80

    Cya,

            Bram Matthys (Syzop).

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Spoilers Ahead - Ood evolution
      ... Evolution works in a odd way - if you can survive to reproduce, your charactersistics are passed on, no matter how inconvenient. ... If gaining the extra brain and popping it out made them smarter and better able to survive to reproduce, ... We don't know anything about patterns of predation, Ood social groupings, the earlier forms of life from which the Ood evolved, the climate or other geological factors. ... It would have constituted a vulnerability and those that mutated to have such a dangler would have died out. ...
      (rec.arts.drwho)
    • RE: D-Link DI-614 wiresless router crash/reboots
      ... spontaneous reboots lately. ... will try to run the scans you mentioned to reproduce the problem. ... D-link to acknowledge the vulnerability and come up with a solution. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Zero-day IE exploit...
      ... > MS get told of the vulnerability maybe in a cryptic clue, ... with simple instructions on how to reproduce the problem. ... Microsoft has spent a considerable amount of time ... Washington WA 98072-8661 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Zero-day IE exploit...
      ... > MS get told of the vulnerability maybe in a cryptic clue, ... with simple instructions on how to reproduce the problem. ... Microsoft has spent a considerable amount of time ... Washington WA 98072-8661 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Zero-day IE exploit...
      ... > MS get told of the vulnerability maybe in a cryptic clue, ... with simple instructions on how to reproduce the problem. ... Microsoft has spent a considerable amount of time ... Washington WA 98072-8661 | WFTPD, WFTPD Pro are Windows FTP servers. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)