L-Forum Vulnerability - SQL Injection

From: Matthew Murphy (mattmurphy@kc.rr.com)
Date: 08/14/02

From: "Matthew Murphy" <mattmurphy@kc.rr.com>
To: "BugTraq" <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>, "Full Disclosure" <full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com>, "SecurITeam News" <news@securiteam.com>, "Vuln-Dev" <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>, "VulnWatch" <vulnwatch@vulnwatch.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:53:04 -0500

I have discovered an SQL injection flaw in L-Forum which has
a recent record (upload spoofing/XSS by Ulf) of security bugs.

The problem this time is search.php. It doesn't properly escape
the SQL data passed in by the user in the search member. I
have provided a SourceForge patch for this vulnerability. I
have shown URLs that exploit this:

Postgres:

http://localhost/search.php?search=a%27%20order%20by%20time%20desc%3b%20[que
ry]

MySQL:

http://localhost/search.php?search=a%25%27%20order%20by%20time%20desc%3b%20[
query]

I've patched this on SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=53716&atid=471341&file_
id=29026&aid=594867

"The reason the mainstream is thought
of as a stream is because it is
so shallow."
                     - Author Unknown

Relevant Pages

  • L-Forum Vulnerability - SQL Injection
    ... I have discovered an SQL injection flaw in L-Forum which has ... a recent record (upload spoofing/XSS by Ulf) of security bugs. ... have provided a SourceForge patch for this vulnerability. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [VulnWatch] L-Forum Vulnerability - SQL Injection
    ... I have discovered an SQL injection flaw in L-Forum which has ... a recent record (upload spoofing/XSS by Ulf) of security bugs. ... have provided a SourceForge patch for this vulnerability. ...
    (VulnWatch)
  • [Full-Disclosure] L-Forum Vulnerability - SQL Injection
    ... I have discovered an SQL injection flaw in L-Forum which has ... a recent record (upload spoofing/XSS by Ulf) of security bugs. ... have provided a SourceForge patch for this vulnerability. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)