RE: Xbox (Was -Online Games Consoles and Security Implications)

From: Deus, Attonbitus (Thor@HammerofGod.com)
Date: 06/04/02

Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:38:23 -0700
To: <Ken@InfoSec101.org>, <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>, <John_Leitch@NAI.com>
From: "Deus, Attonbitus" <Thor@HammerofGod.com>

At 05:54 AM 6/4/2002, Ken Pfeil wrote:
>I know the XBox thread was killed recently, but this is good reading.
>
>http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/06/01/1656228&mode=thread&tid=172
>
>http://web.mit.edu/bunnie/www/proj/anatak/AIM-2002-008.pdf
>
>June 3, 2002
>
>MIT Grad Student Hacks Into Xbox Security System

Isn't the XBox OS protected by the new DRM patent? Meaning that any
security vulnerabilities could be used to enable copyright infringement;
the publication of which would be illegal under the DMCA?

It will be interesting to how MS responds to this.

AD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WMP 11 media sharing - how to rescan for devices
    ... cabled instead of wireless by my reading. ... My guess would be running an ethernet cable directly from the xbox ... connection was made and working, I was able to connect wirelessly without any ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Burnout Revenge 360
    ... >> Reading a preview of this it obviously has shinier looks, ... or is it mainly going to be a cosmetic update? ... The xbox version is truly staggering though..... ...
    (uk.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: Looking for a DVD player with hard disk and LAN access
    ... I'll have to get reading in the interweb thingy about it all. ... As a cheap media centre they are an ideal bit of kit. ... but the Xbox does look like a fun and cheap 'project' in the ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • RE: MCE Extender for XBox Support
    ... made while reading it again. ... > the xbox extender searches the whole network to connect to my computer. ... I've been able to use the XBox disc to connect to my computer to ... I put the XBox game disc into my computer to see if it was the XBox not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Pong re-born?
    ... ...as Rockstar's Table Tennis for Xbox 360? ... Reading about ... talk about the whole video game industry doing a whole 360 back to ... it's roots. ...
    (rec.games.video.classic)