RE: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!

From: Noonan, Wesley (Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com)
Date: 06/04/02

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com>
To: "'Ron DuFresne'" <dufresne@winternet.com>, vuln-dev@securityfocus.com, firewalls@lists.gnac.net
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:02:23 -0500

I have a buddy of mine in the UK who uses rogue AP's to access the net for
free. He uses this thing he calls a "cantenna" (essentially he cracks open
the card and wires it to a metal milk carton) to boost the signal and range
so that he can hit any of a number of APs in the area. Swears by it as the
"only way to access the net"...

Wes Noonan

    ... Wireless is going to be a big problem at many sites for sometime for sure. ... >> not as worrysome for customer info, they only have their inventory exposed ... >> As well as a really intereresting one on rogue APs: ... Not asking to be given credit ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • RE: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!
    ... > Wireless is going to be a big problem at many sites for sometime for sure. ... >>> not as worrysome for customer info, ... >>> Those that send info for posting to the page listed below can either ... >>> that information posted anonymous or take credit for the information, ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Biker Wisdom
    ... >> Hey guys I hope the creater of this material does get some sales from it. ... >which appears to credit "Rogue" ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: Biker Wisdom
    ... book it was written in, & you should give credit to the authors, not ... to mention askin' their permission post their work. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)