RE: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!

From: Noonan, Wesley (Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com)
Date: 06/04/02

From: "Noonan, Wesley" <Wesley_Noonan@bmc.com>
To: "'Ron DuFresne'" <dufresne@winternet.com>, vuln-dev@securityfocus.com, firewalls@lists.gnac.net
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:02:23 -0500

I have a buddy of mine in the UK who uses rogue AP's to access the net for
free. He uses this thing he calls a "cantenna" (essentially he cracks open
the card and wires it to a metal milk carton) to boost the signal and range
so that he can hit any of a number of APs in the area. Swears by it as the
"only way to access the net"...

Wes Noonan

    ... Wireless is going to be a big problem at many sites for sometime for sure. ... >> not as worrysome for customer info, they only have their inventory exposed ... >> As well as a really intereresting one on rogue APs: ... Not asking to be given credit ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • RE: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!
    ... > Wireless is going to be a big problem at many sites for sometime for sure. ... >>> not as worrysome for customer info, ... >>> Those that send info for posting to the page listed below can either ... >>> that information posted anonymous or take credit for the information, ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • =?gb2312?B?IFNhbW15IGJveSB3YXMgcmlnaHQsIHRoYXQgdGhpcyAiUm9ndWUgVA==?= =?gb2312?B?cmFkZXJzIiBwcm9ncmF
    ... Sammy boy was right, that this "Rogue Traders" programme by CNA was a comedy show, as no one in the panel uttered the phrase, ‘the customer is king’. ... And the law, you would wonder what law is there to curb such rogue behaviours. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: CASE president should be sacked, as he seemed argumentative of their role and duties and not so
    ... Sammy boy was right, that this "Rogue Traders" programme by CNA was a comedy show, as no one in the panel uttered the phrase, ‘the customer is king’. ... And the law, you would wonder what law is there to curb such rogue behaviours. ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: Biker Wisdom
    ... >> Hey guys I hope the creater of this material does get some sales from it. ... >which appears to credit "Rogue" ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)