Re: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....

From: Peter Tonoli (anarchie@metaverse.org)
Date: 06/03/02

Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:11:02 +1000 (EST)
From: Peter Tonoli <anarchie@metaverse.org>

On Mon, 27 May 2002, anon wrote:

> I've got hold of a copy of the DirectX 9 SDK beta. It comes with the interesting warning:

> This beta version expires on Aug 20, 2002.
> You will need to reinstall Windows if you do not
> have a valid DX9 ID & password to download Beta 2

This has been going on for a long, long time. The beta for MS-DOS 5 would
expire and if you didn't upgrade to a release version, the system would be
unworkable (I seem to remember 'dir' showing up garbage).

Anarch.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft Office 2007 beta (Beware you must uninstall after it expires)
    ... Being a BETA versus a Trial version...I don't remember any "limited ... happened to limited functionality as microsoft clims will happen ... Microsoft Office expires in 2007? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Limit of users
    ... The license to use it expires at 360 days or when released for sale ... > a server product, like Windows 2000 server or the free .NET server ... > [The beta is supposedly pretty good, but is beta, so it will have ...
  • Re: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....
    ... > You will need to reinstall Windows if you do not ... I guess thats not a big thing. ... So if the Beta expires, your windows cannot load DX devices ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Update Diagnostic - Beta installation is out of date
    ... MS Office 2007 Beta 2 plus Technical Refresh expires at the end of Feb. ... There are no updates available yet to the release product. ... MS Office System Products MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re Gendatam Suite
    ... People who downloaded Gendatam Suite following a recent discusssion on soc.genealogy.methods found that the version was expired. ... This was caused by a rogue expiry date in the Beta version and it has now been corrected. ... The current beta version expires end of July and will be replaced by a new version before then. ...
    (soc.genealogy.computing)