Re: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!

From: KF (dotslash@snosoft.com)
Date: 05/31/02

Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 00:20:51 -0400
From: KF <dotslash@snosoft.com>
To: Ron DuFresne <dufresne@winternet.com>

I also noticed all the CVS pharmacies in my area have wireless with no
WEP, just no time to see what they are doing with it. They all seem to
name their access points cvsretail1 as well. Has anyone determined what
they are using this for? Maybe I can fill my own perscription from the
parking lot. =] But to confirm ... EVERY newer looking CVS in my town
has wlan... even most of the old looking ones. I just got a new store
near my house... they took over an old drug store. It took them about 2
weeks to get wlan, but it is up now.
-KF

Ron DuFresne wrote:

>Tonight I get this in my e-mail:
>
>>Subject: cvs gone dark?
>>----------------------------------------
>>

>>The cvsretail AP near me was dark this evening. No wireless. I drove
>>into the parking lot (I can usually hit it from the road) and got
>>NOTHING.
>>

>>Could be coincidence... or not?
>>

>Sadly it seems that the best defense against clueless installations and a
>lack of concern for customer information is going to be making periodic
>public announcements of the failings of businesses in their poor
>implimentations...
>

>>Did you talk to the guy from ComputerWorld?
>>

>Nope, we heard nothing here, they must have figured us to be nobodies
><smile>, or are upset we long ago quit our subscription?
>

>Thanks,
>

>Ron DuFresne
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
>eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
>business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
> ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***
>
>OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT disposable moment
    ... Stormin Mormon belched: ... in 1985, at CVS for $10. ... in the dark. ... bought today would be so dependable. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: OT disposable moment
    ... On 9/23/2014 3:38 PM, Mayayana wrote: ... in 1985, at CVS for $10. ... in the dark. ... Learn about Jesus ...
    (alt.home.repair)