RE: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne@winternet.com)
Date: 05/31/02

Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 00:05:38 -0500 (CDT)
From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne@winternet.com>
To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com, <firewalls@lists.gnac.net>

Tonight I get this in my e-mail:

> Subject: cvs gone dark?

> The cvsretail AP near me was dark this evening. No wireless. I drove
> into the parking lot (I can usually hit it from the road) and got
> NOTHING.

> Could be coincidence... or not?

Sadly it seems that the best defense against clueless installations and a
lack of concern for customer information is going to be making periodic
public announcements of the failings of businesses in their poor
implimentations...

> Did you talk to the guy from ComputerWorld?

Nope, we heard nothing here, they must have figured us to be nobodies
<smile>, or are upset we long ago quit our subscription?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "A robot did not prepare your breakfast this morning."
    ... Individual businesses locate where they think that people ... when businesses provide parking, it's again a free market decision ... based upon the assumption that the parking spaces ... If there is a law requiring that businesses ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: holy smokes! blackbear won!
    ... > high to you - the area is semi-depressed and yet prices continue to climb. ... For small businesses that want to switch location, ... Portsmouth, it prevents them from even thinking ... > build more parking or is it going down some black hole? ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: "A robot did not prepare your breakfast this morning."
    ... I'm speaking of the deplorable state of mass transit, ... Individual businesses locate where they think that people are likely ... when businesses provide parking, it's again a free market decision ... based upon the assumption that the parking spaces ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: MFFY Parking Practices
    ... It also requires a ridiculous amount of parking for the ... business districts, which should obviate the need for shoppers to park ... way of zoning or was done so that people could walk to the businesses ... blocking someone's parking spot is very common. ...
    (rec.autos.driving)
  • Re: Magic Meets trip report
    ... Drove right past the kiddie park, can't remember the name of it. ... America's Test Kitchen claims if you beat potatoes they get "gluey" but I'm pretty sure my favorite mashed potatoes come from commercial kitchens where they've been beaten a lot in those giant mixers with the paddle that goes around and around. ... The history of all these people's businesses, the history of the falling out that Deb and Dave had with some of the RADP people, my own position at the time, and my growing disgust with the editing of people's speech that always seems to happen when forums take on advertising to pay for themselves. ... I think I no longer want to support any Disney "fan" site that engages in that behavior. ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)