RE: wireless woes in the triangle and beyond!

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne@winternet.com)
Date: 05/31/02

Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 00:05:38 -0500 (CDT)
From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne@winternet.com>
To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com, <firewalls@lists.gnac.net>

Tonight I get this in my e-mail:

> Subject: cvs gone dark?

> The cvsretail AP near me was dark this evening. No wireless. I drove
> into the parking lot (I can usually hit it from the road) and got
> NOTHING.

> Could be coincidence... or not?

Sadly it seems that the best defense against clueless installations and a
lack of concern for customer information is going to be making periodic
public announcements of the failings of businesses in their poor
implimentations...

> Did you talk to the guy from ComputerWorld?

Nope, we heard nothing here, they must have figured us to be nobodies
<smile>, or are upset we long ago quit our subscription?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.