Re: Verizon Call Intercept

From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: 05/29/02

To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 00:33:44 -0400

On Tue, 28 May 2002 16:59:58 PDT, Kenneth Williams <ken@kwilliams.org> said:

> The pin on my service is at least 10 digits in fact they recommend assigning
> the pin as the callers real phone number so it is easy to recognize

How the <expletive> are we supposed to teach users not to use their userid as
their passsword when the telcos are offering this helpful advice?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NatWest card reader
    ... Martin Gregorie wrote: ... digits would be better or there really people who can remember their ... phone number but not another, similarly sized, PIN? ... aids kids are not learning how to remember effectively. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Coding Theory Question, I think
    ... Each ticket contains a PIN. ... use 15 digits and append a check as the 16th. ... how to map the data to a 15 digit string, ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Samuel Johnson
    ... using an ATM is easier. ... My account number is six digits. ... Is your PIN something other than four digits? ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: New Update?
    ... It MIGHT just be Sky+ ... I entered the numbers shown which is 4 digits, ... Just a note I did it over six times so entering like you do the PIN three ... I have'nt a clue what it supposed to do unless there's another updater ...
    (uk.media.tv.sky)
  • Re: Credit Card/Bank fraud
    ... the PIN has to be easy to remember. ... Now I dunno if this is true, but a random poll of friends and ... and ditto a lot with duplicated digits. ... chateau dot murray at idnet dot com ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)