RE: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....

From: Chagres Role Account (role@chagres.net)
Date: 05/28/02

From: "Chagres Role Account" <role@chagres.net>
To: "cami" <camis@mweb.co.za>, <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:47:56 -0600

I wouldn't leap to the statement the original poster has
a "questionable" copy of the beta.

What I *do* find intersting is that MS is placing code on your
computer that could cause it to NOT FUNCTION and thus cause
financial loss, damages to your own intellectual property and
other bad things.

If this was anyone other than MS, it would be called a VIRUS.

What if the person doesn't want to use Beta 2, or they have
decided to change directions at their company and thus can't
spend the time on Beta 2? Are you saying then that MS has a
right to nuke a machine and cause a sysadmin to spend time and
money re-installing the software?

Will MS, pay the beta org losses?

hmmm, I see tort written all over this against MS

Relevant Pages

  • Re: directx or opengl
    ... Listen kid, ... I don't use DirectX to draw simple shapes. ... namespaces to perform filtering on various types of images, ... beta 1 of Windows Vista on a virtual machine ...
  • Re: Mesh.LoadHierarchy in February Update
    ... If you are using the beta ... the code compared to the Simple Animation sample - I assume if you load your ... in the project option you will see a *lot* of debug output from directX. ... are you using the beta assemblies or still on the 1.1 assemblies ...
  • RE: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....
    ... What I am seeing is that if you are authorized to beta this you will be ... DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls.... ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Mesh.LoadHierarchy in February Update
    ... If you are using the beta ... the code compared to the Simple Animation sample - I assume if you load your ... in the project option you will see a *lot* of debug output from directX. ... are you using the beta assemblies or still on the 1.1 assemblies ...
  • Re: DirectX 9 SDK, Microsoft have got balls....
    ... No..it would be a virus if it didn't warn you and you didn't intentially ... If you don't like what they are doing, don't install it, ... > a "questionable" copy of the beta. ... >>Since when do you have the right to 'get a copy' of DirectX 9 ...
    (Vuln-Dev)