Re: Buffer overflow or overrun?

From: RoMaNSoFt (r0man@phreaker.net)
Date: 05/02/02

From: RoMaNSoFt <r0man@phreaker.net>
To: cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 19:15:32 +0200

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 00:15:24 -0700, you wrote:

>> And if there's a difference between
>> authentication and authentification, I can't tell.
>
>This one's easy. There is no such word, "authentification."

 This is a common error for Spanish speakers. In Spanish language
there are two verbs both with a similar meaning:
- "autentificar"
- "autenticar"

 Indeed the 1st word is preferred.

 Since the English verb "authenticate" seems to be mapped to
"autenticar" (both words are closer), many people use
"authenti_fi_cate" attached to Spanish "autenti_fi_car".

 Nevertheless the correct way is to map both "autentificar" and
"autenticar" Spanish words to "authenticate" English word.

 Excerpt from an English to Spanish dictionary:
"authenticate / @"TentIkeIt |O:- / vt
        a (declare genuine) autenticar*, autentificar* "

 My 0.02 euros =)
 --Roman