XP Screen Saver password uses Old password until logout or New one is used.

From: Ghazi H. Al Wadi [NGHA-CTC] (wadig@ngha.med.sa)
Date: 04/30/02

From: "Ghazi H. Al Wadi [NGHA-CTC]" <wadig@ngha.med.sa>
To: <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:32:42 +0300

Today I have as usual, changed my PC logon password (XP Home Edition). When
the screen saver started, I dismissed it and by force of habit, I typed the
old password. To my surprise I was able to unlock the screen saver using the
old password.
I was able to do that several times, However, once I logout or use the new
password I am unable to use the old password and have to use the new one.

The question is , Is this a feature. and from a security point of view
wouldn't that be a vulnerability. If not is it documented any where. And
last, was this issue addressed before.

Kindest regards
Ghazi Al Wadi