Re: /lib/

From: Olaf Kirch (
Date: 04/25/02

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:39:16 +0200
From: Olaf Kirch <>
To: FozZy <>

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:12:05PM +0200, FozZy wrote:
> > You can't fix it. You can always do
> >
> > cp file-with-mode-444-perms ./foobar
> > chmod +x foobar
> > ./foobar
> Well, not "always". I used to be on a system where home partitions, /tmp,
> and any place where you can write something, were mounted as noexec.

I know. But there's always a way around noexec. On most architectures, you
could also just mimick the behavior of by dlopen()ing the binary
doing a dlsym("_main") and jumping there.

Olaf Kirch        |  Anyone who has had to work with X.509 has probably   |  experienced what can best be described as
------------------+  ISO water torture. -- Peter Gutmann