Re: Patch from Openwall

From: Patryk Chmielewski (argv@jaskinia.eu.org)
Date: 02/12/02

Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:35:49 +0100
From: Patryk Chmielewski <argv@jaskinia.eu.org>
To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 12:27:11PM +0100, Rafa? Rajs wrote:
> Could you tell me how it is possible? Is it really so trivial? I only find
> one way to bypass it ... but it requires CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ option compile
> into kernel...
> Do you know other ways???

In new versions of openwall last line about it is removed. Then you can think
it's more secure now...

--
-=[  Patryk Chmielewski   -> :: <-   argv@jaskinia.eu.org  ]=-
-=[   ******      http://argv.jaskinia.eu.org     ******   ]=-

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bypass Key Combination (Macro)
    ... It's the 3rd one down you want: Secure ... mdb' this enables you to set properties and to enable/diable the startup ... bypass without any autokeys macros in your database. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.macros)
  • Re: ATA port addresses
    ... Write your own kernel 8) There isn't really a way to bypass it and since ... More pressingly you need DMA functionality for some ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: System call interposition/unprotecting the table
    ... phrack article explains how to bypass the table. ... During .23-pre for some time the kernel text was protected too (that ... tables cannot be protected (because there are valid reasons to change ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: 16k/64k limit
    ... its a limit which is related to the kernel of the product, ... not allow you to bypass this. ... > is it gone in SQL 2005? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: securing dial-in
    ... > I know this is fairly secure, but it will bypass my firewall entirely and ... > lead straight into the DMZ. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)