RE: directory traversal

From: Colby Marks (Colby@DigitalJunction.com)
Date: 02/08/02

From: "Colby Marks" <Colby@DigitalJunction.com>
To: "'Robert Collins'" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>, "'E M'" <rdnktrk@hotmail.com>, <pvagarwal@yahoo.com>, <jlevenglick@fhlbatl.com>, <jnanney@datasync.com>, <vuln-dev@labs.secureance.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 23:44:26 -0500

One other interesting operation, changing successfully to a path on
another drive does not bring back the functionality i.e.:

C:\WINNT\system32>cd \.........\

C:\>cd winnt\system32

C:\>cd /d d:\temp

D:\TEMP>C:

C:\>cd winnt\system32

And it seems to work fine in my WinXP Pro (fresh install).

-Colby

From: "E M" <rdnktrk@hotmail.com>
To: <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>; <pvagarwal@yahoo.com>;
<jlevenglick@fhlbatl.com>; <jnanney@datasync.com>;