directory traversal

From: Strumpf Noir Society (vuln-dev@labs.secureance.com)
Date: 02/05/02

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:41:57 +0100
From: Strumpf Noir Society <vuln-dev@labs.secureance.com>
To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com

Hi,

Does anyone know any reasons why a good ol' "triple dot" directory
traversal ("/.../") would succeed on Win2k only and not for
example on Win9x systems running the exact same application and
configuration?

Much obliged :)

Thejian

--
Best regards,
 Strumpf Noir Society                          mailto:vuln-dev@labs.secureance.com

"Mere accumulation of observational evidence is not proof."

-- Death, "The Hogfather"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: directory traversal
    ... I saw this and thought well it probably has to do with cmd.exe of win2k ... On my win2k machine using cmd.exe: ... Can't give you reasons why, but given the little information supplied I ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... I am running a Windows network ... Win2k certainly appears ... install Linux. ... >reasons for this are not technical in the first place - you would ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OT: Wheeeeee! New PSpice Benchmarks
    ... >>Otherwise the gains are truly remarkable! ... Win2K is the first M$ OS that I've had not a single problem with. ... That's one of the reasons why I haven't gone on to XP Pro. ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)
  • Re: OT: Wheeeeee! New PSpice Benchmarks
    ... >>Otherwise the gains are truly remarkable! ... Win2K is the first M$ OS that I've had not a single problem with. ... That's one of the reasons why I haven't gone on to XP Pro. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • RE: directory traversal
    ... C:\>cd winnt ... So u can see that on Win2K the triple dot traversal ... > Can't give you reasons why, ... Send FREE Valentine eCards with Yahoo! ...
    (Vuln-Dev)