Re: sudo segfaults on large buffer

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresne@winternet.com)
Date: 01/18/02

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:27:31 -0600 (CST)
From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne@winternet.com>
To: s1gnal_9 <s1gnal_9@sunos.com>

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:44:02 -0700
From: Todd C. Miller <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>
To: sudo-announce@courtesan.com
Subject: Sudo version 1.6.4 now available

Sudo version 1.6.4 is now available (ftp sites listed at the end).

There are some thing I had promised for the next release that are
not in 1.6.4 due to the large changes in the parser that these
changes require to work properly. Nonetheless this release does
fix the majority of problems in the sudo bugs database and adds
features a number of people have asked for. I hope to make more
frequent releases in the near future (it has been quite a while
since 1.6.3 was originally released).

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, s1gnal_9 wrote:

> Not really able to get more details, it gdb chokes while debugging...
>
> I'm not even sure if this is known...
>
> Tested on RH7.0 box.
> Sudo version 1.6.3
>
> sh-2.04# sudo -s `perl -e 'print("A"x4554)'`
> Segmentation fault
> --
> Powered by Instant Portal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D. Just don't touch anything.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: permissions
    ... sudo is not part of Solaris 8/9/10. ... So why not using a RBAC role or, ... a shared config file, and isn't bundled. ... The features you lose with sudo vs. RBAC are almost ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: FW: Adding OpenBSD sudo to the FreeBSD base system?
    ... At 23:07 7/21/2005, markzero wrote: ... >> replacing su with sudo. ... You don't use the additional features. ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FW: Adding OpenBSD sudo to the FreeBSD base system?
    ... >> What happens if you maintain systems that don't need sudo? ... > Do a few extra built in features for some outweigh everyone gettting ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: FW: Adding OpenBSD sudo to the FreeBSD base system?
    ... >>What happens if you maintain systems that don't need sudo? ... > You don't use the additional features. ... Don't patronise me. ... to it replacing su. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Sudoers list?
    ... features that sudo provides to manage the granting of privileges (and ...
    (Ubuntu)