Re: Malicious use of grc.com

From: Festive (festive@iinet.net.au)
Date: 11/27/01

Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:32:46 +0800
From: Festive <festive@iinet.net.au>
To: vuln-dev@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Malicious use of grc.com

I am normally quiet on the forum - but the recent posts have
disturbed me.

As for the original post - we should ALL be aware that if we dangle
our bits out there, we can not only expose ourselves- but others.

what happens if a company sues grc.com for malpractice etc due
to insufficient controls and his site being used in an attack.

(reality being that any attacker worth his salt would be using
more sophisticated methods)

I do believe however for all of the maligning and derision
directed towards Mr Gibson, that he has (and continues to)
perform a valuable service to the larger net community
(ie those not connected to these forums), so surely
some lattitude must be afforded him.

The post about him is hardly constructive - and professional
courtesy should have provided him with an opportunity to
fix the problem.

Festive

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Tracing the IP of an anonymous poster
    ... tell you where the original post came from. ... So simply knowing who the host server is will get you into ... all the original info from a poster is deleted before the post shows, ... and they will be redoing the forum so that it will be ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: OT: Tracing the IP of an anonymous poster
    ... tell you where the original post came from. ... my favourite vegetable is sausages". ... So simply knowing who the host server is will get you into ... and they will be redoing the forum so that it will be ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Simple Honesty
    ... BTW, have you tried the forum "Search this group " box yet? ... while I've misplaced the link to my original post about ... the volcanic ridges connecting the highlands to the lake basin seems ...
    (sci.anthropology.paleo)
  • Re: T.O. claim grizzly bear to whale?
    ... Donald Sauter claims that he got this supposed transition from Talk ... forum of the original post? ... comments to that forum than anyone else and it might lessen the ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: 2006 IDE World Cup : Visual vs Turbo (http://www.visualturbo.com)
    ... there is alot of negative preconceived ideas in this forum. ... I can imagine that very few people even read past the subject of the message. ... You just don't want to take responsibility for yourself do you? ... Your response here is just chocked full of fantasies designed to shift the blame to everyone else except the author of the original post. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)