HTMLZip 'compressed' HTML mail - virus or spam ?!?!

From: Doru Petrescu (pdoru@kappa.ro)
Date: 09/14/01

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:11:04 +0300 (EEST)
From: Doru Petrescu <pdoru@kappa.ro>
To: <vuln-dev@securityfocus.com>
Subject: HTMLZip 'compressed' HTML mail - virus or spam ?!?!

Hi everybody,

This morning I received a message with subject 'AMERICA UNDER ATTACK' that
contains a HTML part that contains some obfuscated JavaScript.

This could be a virus or a SPAM (but I never seen such an obfuscated spam
msg till now)

if someone take the time to decript and analize please post result to the
list.

Best regards,
Doru Petrescu

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HTMLZip compressed HTML mail - virus or spam ?!?!
    ... HTMLZip 'compressed' HTML mail - virus or spam ?!?! ... here is the page it opens... ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: HTMLZip compressed HTML mail - virus or spam ?!?!
    ... HTMLZip 'compressed' HTML mail - virus or spam ?!?! ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Its driving me crazy!
    ... I fear the next virus will be worse. ... causes me to exceed the 25MB limit on the server. ... it let many viruses and spam through. ... If I use a spam blocker, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Why not virus/worm blocklist?
    ... to do with the connection between virus writers and spammers. ... spam until they were thrown off the site. ... Turning now to virus and worm writers. ... The method of distribution is now thousands of Windows computers, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: OT phishing help
    ... It appears your email address was hijacked, and is being used to spam other ... immediately if a worm or virus tries to send email from your address book. ... This is one of the ways you can get your mail client (Outlook, ... Express, Eudora, etc.) to notify you automatically whenever a worm or virus ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)