Re: Winnt/Win2k Vuln ?

From: sween (sween@modelm.org)
Date: 08/10/01

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:29:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: sween <sween@modelm.org>
To: Red Pantz <redpantz@crackdealer.com>
Subject: Re: Winnt/Win2k Vuln ?

yep. Windows 95b, IE5 produces :

www
This program has performed an illegal operation...

I renamed a text file www.google.com to www.google.com.exe and got a
MICRO~ command window and an illegal operation dialog.

I know, ancient platorm... but verified.

--

--- -sween | M | http://www.modelm.org --- "force feedback computing since 1984." <meta name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="TRUE">

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Advice/Tips for Mac Apps reqd.
    ... If I spend the time to find out what its doing, where and why I don't need the prog, I can do it myself and know whats been done and how to undo it if its not what I wanted. ... I do still use a Windows graphics prog now and then but I use it less and less as for everyday stuff such as resizing, compressing, annotating images can be done quickly and easily in Preview. ... Pdf stuff, Preview will annotate and save pdfs, I create pdfs by opening what I want in Preview then, file:print:save as pdf ... The inbuilt Grab app, is used a LOT on this machine. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: They did it!!!
    ... ATTRIB command o the command line. ... I have to admit to w*rking in DOS in my early days. ... Sounds a bit of a silly prog really but in those days, ... w*rking on the first Windows. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: anti-malware progs ineffective
    ... >> I've only just gotten rid of it myself. ... >windows and I'm seeing the Internet-Explorer browser opening up over the top ... >hour megabytes of scumware programmes are self installing all over the hard ... >continously alter the 'host.TXT' file, the start up prog list, the active ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: anti-malware progs ineffective
    ... >> I've only just gotten rid of it myself. ... >windows and I'm seeing the Internet-Explorer browser opening up over the top ... >hour megabytes of scumware programmes are self installing all over the hard ... >continously alter the 'host.TXT' file, the start up prog list, the active ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Slower SPEED after Ie6 installation
    ... and the current 'Programs/Internet Explorer' folder ... and replaced them with the old 'Windows' and 'Internet Explorer' folders; ... so I got ie5 back ... also, previously, while surfing, i could hear a sort of "click" on every ...