Re: Antivirus scanner DoS with zip archives

From: Volker Tanger (volker.tanger_at_detewe.de)
Date: 07/19/01

Greetings!

Paul Rogers schrieb:

> Your comment regarding MAIL/MIMESweeper is indeed correct. The 42.zip
> file (mentioned later on in the thread) consumed all available
> resources on MAILSweeper version 4.2.1 (CPU, memory and free hard
> disk space). In fact it took a while for us to remove all presence of
> the mail from the system.

TrendMicro InterScan VirusWall (3.6 on RedHat 6.2 Linux) fills the disk
up to
the last bit, then clears the disk and re-starts again, effectively
rendering the
system 100% loaded without proceeding any further. The system does
not crash, though.

(Still) waiting for reply from Trend (since monday)...

Bye
    Volker

--

Volker Tanger <volker.tanger_at_detewe.de> Wrangelstr. 100, 10997 Berlin, Germany DiSCON GmbH - Internet Solutions http://www.discon.de/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What can I check to fix system performance?
    ... it seems you have plenty of memory available: ... copies of files you have read of written lately, in a cache, in case ... processes per CPU, or 40 in all. ... Consider the disk structure. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: SCO OSR5.0.6 System Crashed during LoneTAR Verify
    ... RAM; scrambled bits point the CPU toward disaster and it ... available that can really stress memory, but the best ones need to run ... disk corruption can cause otherwise good code to be read ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Proposed Assembler Commands
    ... ACM Automatically Clear Memory ... BKCRDR Backspace Card Reader ... BKSPD Backspace Disk ... EIAO Execute In Any Order ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Att. Alex Nichol -VM cont.
    ... I find documentation that says a 4kb page in memory is written to the hard ... manner that a 4kb memory page is equal to a 4kb cluster written on the disk". ... So where is the basis for saying since 4kb paging in memory that 4kb clusters ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Slow performance
    ... Leaving your computer on 24/7 means that if any programme has a memory ... The Disk Defragmenter report shows you have minimal free disk space. ... select Properties, General, Advanced and check the box before Compress ... Volume fragmentation ...