Fwd: Operative System Updates

You could use file modification timestamps if you aren't too worried
about malicious users.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: haZard0us <m0shg0sh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Subject: Operative System Updates
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I need to create a script that gathers information of the OS before
and after the updates in order to detect changes and which
updates/service packs were used.

To be honest, I really don't know where to start. So, my question is
which information should i gather in order to detect correctly which
files were changed and which updates were used.

Thanks in advance.

--haZ
Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an
SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your
company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will
find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital
Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management
of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • RE: Anti-Virus Updates - How?
    ... updates, config, patch, etc can break a system. ... and subject all changes including a/v to this plan. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Anti-Virus Updates - How?
    ... Deploying the updates like once a week is too dangerous and not at all a good plan if you ask me. ... In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. ... You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Anti-Virus Updates - How?
    ... Just wondering if anyone has a plan for deployment of AV updates? ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Operative System Updates
    ... I need to create a script that gathers information of the OS before and after the updates in order to detect changes and which updates/service packs were used. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)