From: marco cohen <marcocohen2@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 01:45:24
To: <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 2 firewalls protecting internal network

hi all

I know that there is a defence in depth idea to implement 2 firewalls,
each from different vendor.

what you think about it ? is it practical?

thanks

marco

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: A firewall wont stop this one
    ... systems should be left without any protection at all? ... A seatbelt doesn't offer complete protection, ... Even hardware firewalls do not offer complete protection, ... >system offers by disabling unwanted system services, ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: ZoneAlarm backdoor / GRC.com?
    ... >> outbound protecting firewalls by trivial usage of windows messaging ... >> firewall, and as firewalls go, ZA is okay. ... Any hacker who manages to fool you into running a trojan ... > - if no trojan is there, inbound protection is useless. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Personal firewalls question (for Windows)
    ... I would personally recommend against the free version of ZoneAlarm. ... my not so humble opinion, you get what you pay for;) As I work in an ... For genuine protection from malware, ... interact with a range of firewalls, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: UPDATING
    ... the latest protection, what the benefits are, especially ... Using two firewalls ... Windows XP Internet ... >Connection Firewall or different software firewall, ...
  • Re: Firewall for small office network?
    ... The plethora of fake Microsoft Network Upgrades that we have ... > You should learn about the other firewalls more in depth when you have the ... > protection for your office before you take your leave)... ... >> to the internet via a dialup connection on a computer using Windows XP ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)