Firewall Rule Audit Anatomy

My Question: What is generally performed or common practice for a firewall
rule audit? [regardless of circumstance or scenario I am merely looking to
gain an understanding of the *process*] My readings have turned up two
main processes however I look to the broader community here to gain a
better insight.

Any information is of course much appreciated.

Regards,
Dom

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1