Centralized firewall management and log analysis tools

Hi list!

Recently I've been tasked with designing a solution for a company that
has multiple offices, each with a database server and firewall,
connected to the central headquarters through vpn. They administer
each of these offices individually and would like a centralized server
for firewall administration, log analysis and possibly IDS/vpn
administration.

I've been thinking about splunk+snort+a firewall that provides
centralized management. Is there a better set of tools for the job? Or
even better, a single tool that integrates all features?

I'd love to hear from you people with experience in implementing
similar solutions which tools worked best for you.

Best regards,
Dan

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Help Me Pick A Hardware Firewall
    ... the webserver service to start with. ... In any case you need to figure out where the server will be located, ... server are comfortable with, where you want to allow administration from, ... > I can't justify loading up on a $2000 firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Server Security
    ... > We have a small business with one Windows 2000 Server running AD. ... First I would add some sort of hardware firewall between the router and your ... administration on their web site. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: SBS2003 and Terminal Services
    ... I use RWW as Kevin does but for Administration of my servers I prefer mstsc ... on the server. ... >> long time ago and it has a builtin firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CEICW fails at firewall config
    ... Do you or do you not have ISA 2000 or ISA 2004 installed on the SBS server? ... Do you have 2 NICs in the SBS? ... CEICW fails on firewall configuration every time. ... >>> Call to Creating the protected networks access rule returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Recycler security issues on IIS server
    ... > latest upates to the server. ... > like to see the server put behind our firewall, ... other software, install all patches, IISlockdown, URLscan, use the correct ... the procedures you follow may vary depending on your security needs. ...