Re: uniquely identifing USB device

This is challenging. For instance, many USB sticks are supplied by the same hardware vendor...

On 5 Apr 2012, at 11:24, erki.manniste@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
I need to identify a usb stick uniquely and I have been trying to find out weather using just hardwareID is enough?
I have heard of a driver that lets you emulate an usb device and set that ID, but quick googleing didn�t give any results. Does anybody know of something like that? Is it possible to (for someone with mediocre hacking skills) to manipulate with these values? Is there a better way to uniquely identify that device?

Thanks,
erki

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: .LNK vulnerbility
    ... it links to a .lnk file and you download it and run it and your ... other than the "insert infected USB drive" attack vector. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: .LNK vulnerbility
    ... it links to a .lnk file and you download it and run it and your ... other than the "insert infected USB drive" attack vector. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: USB Flash Drives
    ... TrueCrypt is a perfect tool for things like this. ... I am curious how everyone is protecting their USB Flash Drives from ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: uniquely identifing USB device
    ... I need to identify a usb stick uniquely and I have been trying to find out weather using just hardwareID is enough? ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: auditing access on USB drive
    ... I know of various products that cover the use of usb devices into machines, but I need to look at it the other way. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)