uniquely identifing USB device

Hi,
I need to identify a usb stick uniquely and I have been trying to find out weather using just hardwareID is enough?
I have heard of a driver that lets you emulate an usb device and set that ID, but quick googleing didn?t give any results. Does anybody know of something like that? Is it possible to (for someone with mediocre hacking skills) to manipulate with these values? Is there a better way to uniquely identify that device?

Thanks,
erki

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Botnet Servers
    ... Subject: Firewall Review ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)