Auditing /penetration-vuln assesment or firewalls

Hi,

I would like here your advice about auditing , penetrating the
security of the firewalls. Tools methodoligies etc in general. If you
want to share brand spesific information my interest is mostly
Checkpoint , Juniper, iptables ,pf.

Regards

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Defense in Depth
    ... What is meant by "layers" of security, is this: the entry points that must be ... Physical Layer - Physical access to the resources. ... attacks and other attacks that go after the software itself. ... "layer" in one long chain (lots of firewalls). ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Wireless Security for Home Users
    ... for most home users to create and/or manage 2 firewalls and a DMZ. ... As with most network security, ... investigate additional security features available from the WAP ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!
    ... > 1) I don't trust MS products for security related tasks. ... firewalls running on NT? ... necessary steps to mitigate the risk and protect yourself. ... We still had six boxes hit. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: IDS is dead, etc
    ... Most firewall logs are just as tough to decipher as IDSs. ... Automated security analytics is a tough animal I don't care what the system. ... firewalls and IDSs, not just IDSs. ... There is no solution to these problems, therefore IDS is dead and we ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • PenTest Checklist
    ... wanted to know what your favorite tools/methods are for testing methods ... F- Web App Testing - tests website as an application for security holes, ... all firewalls should be tested together and ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention, ...
    (Security-Basics)