Re: VPN Service

erik wrote:

And the addresses located in The Netherlands (endpoints) is a perfect
reason NOT to use this provider
since no other country in the world has (relatively speaking) more
lawful intercepts than The Netherlands.

Really. Sad but true. All traffic is logged by law, and kept for the
duration of 2 (two) years. The bill you talk
about for Canada was passed here a couple of years ago. Police are known
to (illegally) conduct
search operations in these logs.

I would look for a vpn provider with endpoints in Sweden or (better)
Switzerland.

Erik.

I showed the above to my vpn provider (in Europe) and his reply follows:

"Hello!

Unfortunately the author of the article has very confused ideas about the Netherlands, Switzerland and Sweden.

In NL data retention applies to Internet Service Providers that bring connection to the end-user, and applies for 6 months, not 2 years, a shorter period than Switzerland."

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • advice about ADSL
    ... Now having dialin i want to switch to ADSL. ... Here in the Netherlands the main provider is KPN, ... What i want to do is order the, by the provider supplied,modem/router ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Passing international callerid onto a BT line
    ... trusted networks. ... When I had a BT line I had some calls from Spain, The Netherlands & USA ... who the provider was back in the originating ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Altera web site inaccessible
    ... I in The Netherlands too and I haven had a single problem. ... Could be that your provider goes through a different route. ... Not a provider, I have a direct line (direct-adsl KPN), webserver, ftp server, mail server, ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: Altera web site inaccessible
    ... Jan Panteltje wrote: ... Strange. ... I in The Netherlands too and I haven had a single problem. ... Could be that your provider goes through a different route. ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Another try: Pinging alt.games.warcraft
    ... Switzerland by my provider. ... Can someone whose provider is *not* Init7 and ... Urbin, Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)