Auditing

Hi Guys,

I need to implement a SIEM solution on Linux. I have a free product
that normalises data from multiple sources into a common format, but
it does not recognise "bad behaviour" and its incumbent on me to
programme it into the system.

For instance, it does not identify what :
- an invalid logon event looks like on a Linux system or what an
invalid logon event looks like on an SSH or FTP server.

Is there a website that I can use to get this information ? It will
help me alot in provisioning this system.

Thanks

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Auditing
    ... I need to implement a SIEM solution on Linux. ... invalid logon event looks like on an SSH or FTP server. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)
    ... Don't use Linux. ... All are much more secure. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)
    ... But yes your are right linux is insecure, if you dont know that how to manage it. ... Windows is more secure for junior system admins... ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)
    ... Linux Web Server Hardening ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ... how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: limit access to other LAN computers
    ... your network thus controlling what those machines have access to. ... You also might want to create restricted user accounts on the Linux ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)