Re: Technical Clarification about Sourcefire Defence Centre (DC)

"Mr Aman Shah" <mustafa.aman.shah@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi all,

I'm doing my research / info gathering about capabality of Sourcefire Defence Centre (DC3000).

Basically I want to know, is that DC can communicate or receive log
file (such as .pcap , .tcp ,etc) from device or IPS which is not
Sourcefire IPS or Sourcefire Brand? For example is that posible DC
receive log from CISCO IPS, NX700 IPS , Fortigate IPS or others
brand.

I've not evaluated it for that use case. They can take input in from
open source Snort sensors though, that much I'm aware.

If you don't get any direct responses on that here, I'd engage
Sourcefire sales resources though. I'm sure that like most companies,
they'd be happy to get you scheduled for a telecon that includes a
sales engineer who can tell you more and answer your specific
requirements and possible deployment scenarios.

If you have an existing SIEM though, that is generally considered the
more flexible integration point.

--
Todd Haverkos, LPT MsCompE
http://haverkos.com/

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: [lists] New IPS testing methodology
    ... Indeed - but each of those sources, plus the master list of certifications I ... My information was based on the following link by Sourcefire: ... Is this different to IPS what the sourcefire claim to be? ... [lists] New IPS testing methodology ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: [lists] New IPS testing methodology
    ... My information was based on the following link by Sourcefire: ... Appreciate to know whether this is NOT an IPS by definition of NSS also. ... New IPS testing methodology ... I hope you find the individual test reports useful - many vendors are ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: IPS Reliability/Availability
    ... reliability and as a reseller. ... my ire with SourceFire is for more mundane reasons. ... The latest test validate what most of us know for IPS. ... 100+ sensors if that were a true indication of the reliability of our ...
    (Focus-IDS)