RE: Encryption

Thanks Amael

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Archangel Amael [mailto:archangel.amael@xxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mardi 13 décembre 2011 12:20
À : Gouife Atseng,Landry,DOUALA,IS/IT
Cc : security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: Encryption

Hi,

Bitlocker while not open source will better integrate into Active
Directory than Truecrypt. If you have a couple of users (or
computers) that you are wanting to encrypt, and want a quick solution,
then Truecrypt would likely be the better option. If however you are
looking for more integrated support with AD, and have some time to
read some tutorials, or documentation, you can better fine tune
Bitlocker.
Both programs can be used on external storage devices, as well as
internal. Another advantage of Bitlocker is the password for it
changes when a user needs, or is forced (via GPO, etc.) to change
their domain password. This also means less likely hood for a user to
forget a password, since they are essentially using one set of
credentials. A disadvantage to Bitlocker is the need for Windows 7
Ultimate of Enterprise editions however.

Regards,

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Gouife Atseng,Landry,DOUALA,IS/IT