Re: distributing passwords to users

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:00 AM, G V <gvasiliu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

From your experience, what's the best secure and easy way to update a
password list and distribute it to 1000 or so unix users? The users
would have different privilege levels and different access on network.
Throwing ideas, I can think of: pgp (difficult to maintain a separate
file for each user), web app (would need to be sucured over ssl,
possible password protected), usb disks (difficult to manage changes).
Anyone using an enterprise level app (commercial or not) to "share"
passwords to users, manage changes and so on? Any other ideas I can
use?

We can use puppet for the same task.
excellent tool to manage such task, but dont mail them .
You can create a dat file from MyPasswordSafe and then mail this dat
file to users.
That is wat we are doing.

Thank you,
George Vasiliu

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Best Regards,
Suresh Kumar Prajapati
Linux System Admin
E-mail: er.sureshprajapati@xxxxxxxxx
Mob No: +91-8800920533
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all
works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory
and practice: nothing works... and nobody knows why!

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: About to start PWB - Any tips?
    ... prepared to practice, practice, practice and devote a lot of your time ... puzzles, but not as easy as hack.lu capture the flag puzzles. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Re: VPN Service
    ... between the deniability in theory and in practice. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How do you conduct a password audit?
    ... you should have specific permission from the highest possible source of management. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ... You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. ...
    (Security-Basics)