Re: Re: Capturing network traffic and warning if its volume crosses a defined limit

wow, pfSense has snort?
it is not listed as a feature here ttp://www.pfsense.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=43

It has been sometime since I have loaded up pfSense but good to hear it is more than just a firewall.

gmf

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Follow-up (minor) on pfSense Firewall
    ... pfSense states you don't need to know Linux or FreeBSD in order to implement their firewall - and they are right - so long as you don't have any problems. ... Once you have the hardware configured you use the browser interface for configuring the firewall settings from a different PC unless it's in a VM. ... The GUI is nicely done but has a kink or two like not being able to reconnect a WAN port after a reboot 100% of the time. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: What firewall for small medical research lab
    ... I'm installing a new firewall at my current workplace. ... At home I decided to go with pfSense because it has much better Wireless ... It is based around IPCop, but has a whole host of extra features... ... Pay someone to set up a PC based firewall running on surplus hardware ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Firewall solution.
    ... with functionalities much like of what PFsense has. ... How your firewall on a virtual machine will protect the master host and/or ... No doubt it would be best to avoid virtualization if possible, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Firewall solution.
    ... What I said was "I am searching for something like pfsense[1] for Linux to install in a production server.", which means I am looking for something with functionalities much like of what PFsense has. ... How your firewall on a virtual machine will protect the master host and/or how ... No doubt it would be best to avoid virtualization if possible, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: FreeBSD on IDE Flash disk drive
    ... server running DHCP and pf firewall. ... m0n0wall gets around this by running out of RAM after booting from flash ... m0n0wall uses IPFW, while pfSense uses pf. ...
    (freebsd-questions)