From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:44:19
To: <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Web site defacing

On 11/14/2011 12:34 AM, a bv wrote:
Hi,

what kind of vulnerabilities , methodologies does it allow to deface a
web site? And what must be the countermeasures regarding these?

There are numerous issues that can allow this. The thing to keep in
mind, is "defacing" only requires alteration of the content. So, this
means access to how the content is stored.
If you are using static html pages, that could be done through FTP or
whatever mechenism you use to upload your content to the site.
If you use dynamic content, such as a CMS system, that could be done by
accessing the database where the content is stored, either through
connecting to the database server, using sql injections, etc.

Regards

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Take care,
Ty
Web: http://tds-solutions.net
The Aspen project: a light-weight barebones mud engine
http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud

Sent from my toaster.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Huge hidden process and port in Linux server
    ... I install rootkinhunter, chkrootkit and unhide in my local linux box. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)