From: Adam Mooz [mailto:adam.mooz@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 14:37
To: Dagni McPhee
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Detect Network Sniffing

If you know what they're looking for (eg: ISP looking for torrenting or a
Bad Guy Bob trying to steal credentials off the wire) you could use some red
herrings. Download a bunch of Linux distributions using Torrents (perfectly
legit) or set up some trapped admin logins to see if they show up anywhere.

- Adam Mooz
http://www.AdamMooz.com

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos.