Re: Client End Point Scan

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:52 AM, <infosec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We have a group that is looking to adopt a bring your own computer (byoc) program, the client obviously has concerns on how they could enforce their minimum requirements (i.e. AV/Firewall protection, full patched system, OS, Memory/CPU if possible, etc.).  Their co-workers would connect over an SSL VPN and it sounds like an Endpoint Analysis solution is what they need.

Could anyone offer any suggestions on a solution?

Also, if an employee attempts to connect and does not meet the minimum requirements the client would like to return prompt on why the system is restricted from connecting.

It does not sound much different than work at home (allowing employees
to use their personal machines).

Have them VPN into a Terminal Server from their cube. For the most
part, you don't have to worry about their configuration since their
machine is a dumb terminal.

Jeff

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Protecting corporate ability to spy on workers
    ... MS was being sloppy by releasing Private Folders. ... "whitelisted" code to run on your machines. ... Private folders may be a marginally useful substitute for intelligent administration on computers that are left accessible in a public or semi-public environment but they have no role in the workplace. ... Any time an employee installs unauthorized software on their employer's computers, they are stealing from the employer. ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Principle of Orthogonal Design
    ... correlation between RM and predicate logic. ... both the predicate symbols and the individual symbols are ... suppose that you have a relation for which machines an employee ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: Principle of Orthogonal Design
    ... correlation between RM and predicate logic. ... different meaning assigned to it from each predicate. ... suppose that you have a relation for which machines an employee ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: Bob Antelman
    ... > Hi, this Dr. Antelman's employee, I met you the day you came down. ... > machines online in front of potential buyers. ... > reason to bash my boss. ... I can say I assumed incorrectly about Bob. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • RE: Client End Point Scan
    ... if an employee attempts to connect and does not meet the minimum requirements the client would like to return prompt on why the system is restricted from connecting. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)