Re: Linux File Integrity Checker

Another +1 for ossec, I have used it where I work for a couple of years
and its been great and its a standard part of my own servers now too.

On 1/11/2011 6:12 AM, H. Kurth Bemis wrote:
A good Tripwire replacement is AIDE (http://aide.sourceforge.net/)

Also +1 for OSSEC.

Good luck,
~k

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 11:00 +0100, charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking for a good, reliable file integrity checker for linux. So
I want it to build a database of md5 sums of each file on the machine
(excluding a few directories) and each hour or so check these
checksums against the current files and if any have changed to send an
alert email. It would also be good if it would check the monitored
directories for new files and send an alert email if any new files had
been created.

Is there a good piece of software to do this on linux or will I have
to write it myself?

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Charlie

This message was sent from the FunkyMunkey mail server
(mail.funkymunkey.co.uk)
If you have any queries/complaints regarding mail sent from this
server please direct them to admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Huge hidden process and port in Linux server
    ... I install rootkinhunter, chkrootkit and unhide in my local linux box. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)