Re: How to know if a port is forwarded

That is only going to show if there is a service at the port and whether the port is open, closed, or does not respond. It cannot tell the difference between a host and the router.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose <jmaque@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:00:48
To: <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to know if a port is forwarded

You could check out Shields Up @ grc.com
https://www.grc.com/default.htm

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Archangel Amael
<archangel.amael@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One could use the OS and or  service/application version detection
flags in NMAP to help determine if a port is being forwarded or not.
It it probably not the best way of going about it, but it may work out
for you.   If possible try this in addition to what RobOEM mentioned
by watching the TTL via traceroute.

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Gustavo Rodriguez