From: charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:00:48
To: <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Linux File Integrity Checker

Hi all,

I am looking for a good, reliable file integrity checker for linux. So
I want it to build a database of md5 sums of each file on the machine
(excluding a few directories) and each hour or so check these
checksums against the current files and if any have changed to send an
alert email. It would also be good if it would check the monitored
directories for new files and send an alert email if any new files had
been created.

Is there a good piece of software to do this on linux or will I have
to write it myself?

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Charlie

This message was sent from the FunkyMunkey mail server
(mail.funkymunkey.co.uk)
If you have any queries/complaints regarding mail sent from this
server please direct them to admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Linux File Integrity Checker
    ... I am looking for a good, reliable file integrity checker for linux. ... This message was sent from the FunkyMunkey mail server ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Linux File Integrity Checker
    ... I am looking for a good, reliable file integrity checker for linux. ... directories for new files and send an alert email if any new files had ... This message was sent from the FunkyMunkey mail server ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Linux File Integrity Checker
    ... Are you tried tripwire HIDS as a file integrity checker? ... I am looking for a good, reliable file integrity checker for linux. ... directories for new files and send an alert email if any new files had ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Linux File Integrity Checker
    ... I am looking for a good, reliable file integrity checker for linux. ... directories for new files and send an alert email if any new files had ... This message was sent from the FunkyMunkey mail server ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Linux File Integrity Checker
    ... So I want it to build a database of md5 sums of each file on the machine and each hour or so check these checksums against the current files and if any have changed to send an alert email. ... Is there a good piece of software to do this on linux or will I have to write it myself? ... This message was sent from the FunkyMunkey mail server ...
    (Security-Basics)