Re: financial loss estimates?

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM, <fire0088@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like some of the findings I've reported to be converted into a more manager friendly metric (there are three things a manager focuses on: moving up the corporate ladder, pretty charts and money).

Are there industry standard rates, or case studies on the true cost to a business for a data breach?

Specifically, i'm looking for the impact from a data breach involving financial information (bank accounts, loan info, credit card numbers, ect), social security numbers, and employee IDs.

"One Breach = $1 Million To $53 Million In Damages Per Year, Report
Says", http://www.darkreading.com/database-security/167901020/security/attacks-breaches/226200272/index.html

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1