RES: CEH program and Sybex Study Guide

Do both. The focus are different, both certs are very good.
Starts with CEH!

-----Mensagem original-----
De: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Em nome de Sven Aluoor
Enviada em: domingo, 9 de outubro de 2011 09:35
Para: Michele Orru
Cc: Ardian Silvano; kartik.netsec@xxxxxxxxx; security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: CEH program and Sybex Study Guide

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Michele Orru <antisnatchor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
because it's a noob certification.

Question: will I find a pen testing job after passing CEHv7? I have
neither know how about pen tests nor experience. I work as a UNIX
admin.

go for OSCP if you want something serious.

the Offensive Security Certified Professional is really complicated.
For experienced (7+ years) auditors.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1