Re: Alert when a new PC joins the domain

Question... are you simply trying to be notified or are you trying to restrict/take actions?
if restrict/take actions then why not implement port/mac security on the switch instead of having to rely on the server?

just a thought ...

Antti.Laatikainen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

One solution would be to configure your DC:s to alert you via email every time a new computer joins a domain (that is, when DC logs an event). This can be done by simply configuring an event triggered scheduled task on DC's.

One step further would be to configure all the DC:s to forward these events to a logging server, so you would have one
place where to check the properties of the new computer (name, who joined etc.)

If you would like to automate the agent installation process, I suggest you take a deep dive into the "local publishing" via WSUS.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb902470(v=vs.85).aspx

Excellent tool to start with is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/localupdatepubl/

Cheers,

Antti Laatikainen

Does anybody knows about a tool (if possible freeware) that sends an alert every time that a new computer is joined to the domain?

Thanks.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

[...]

    ... alert every time that a new computer is joined to the domain? ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: C$ Default Share Security Issue
    ... connections to C$ and pop up and alert whenever someone tries it out ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    ... Subject: Firewall Review ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)