Can an ethernet bridge be detected ?

Hi,

I'm wondering when I setup an ethernet bridge like this:

.--------------. .---------. .------.
|workstation pc|------------|bridge pc|------------|router|---------internet
'--------------' eth0'---------'eth1 '------'

-using these commands on 'bridge pc':
||ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
||ifconfig eth1 0.0.0.0
brctl addbr bridge0
brctl addif eth0
brctl addif eth1
ifconfig bridge0 up

Is there a way to detect this bridge? Is the 'bridge pc' totally transparent / invisible from both sides?

<
Thank you for your help.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Help with wireless bridge
    ... > setting up a wireless ... >> bridge on my Fedora Core 1 server ... know if the bridge will work if the interfaces have IP numbers assigned, ... brctl addif bridge eth0 ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Can an ethernet bridge be detected ?
    ... Can an ethernet bridge be detected? ... brctl addif eth0 ... the router on your diagram may be set to automatically shutdown ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: if_bridge crash
    ... I use this script to set up the bridge: ... ifconfig bridge0 addm vr0 addm tap0 up ... confused and managed to ignore the pcb_onfault marker left by copyout. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: if_bridge crash
    ... I use this script to set up the bridge: ... ifconfig bridge0 addm vr0 addm tap0 up ... confused and managed to ignore the pcb_onfault marker left by copyout. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Adding interfaces to bridge0
    ... I have benn using qemu to roll a windows XP machine, ... I closed qemu and tried to set up the bridge manually. ... ifconfig bridge0 addm rl0 addm tap0 up ...
    (freebsd-questions)